Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lovin' the snow!

Yes, I know that I am not known as a huge winter weather fan, but I can't help myself-it's so amazingly beautiful out there! Chicago always has been known for its prolonged arctic blasts, but this time, Winter really seems to be outdoing itself! And because it's super cold as well as snowy - I don't have any guilt about staying inside and cuddling up with a good book and a blanket and revisiting a passion from my youth, reading.  But this time around, reading with a twist; on the iPad.  Have you got one?  Neither do I, not officially.  But I am able to snag my hubbie's and enjoy browsing through the many mommy blogs and app review sites to find out what my next purchase will be...I can get away with it because I am handling the marketing campaign for his new children's interactive reader app for the iPad/iPhone (coming soon).  So, "market research" is my new favorite pasttime.   I thought that I would go ahead and share the fruits of my labors with you.  Cuz, one thing you learn when you start downloading apps from the AppStore is, you end up with a LOT of things that you never look at again.  And I don't know a whole lot of mommies out there who enjoy wasting money.    Some of the apps I am enjoying the most are children's books, and there are some Superstars within that category.  Maybe my list can help you avoid some of the stinkers, I didn't.  So, without further ado, may I present my first Top 4 list of 2011:

Kay's Top 4 (Best Children's Books for the iPad)
  1. Cozmo's Day Off - I love this because it's so fun!iPad Screenshot 1
  2. 
  3. The Tale of Peter Rabbit (Pop Out) - It reminds me of when I was little
  4. Little Bella's I Close My Eyes - Perfect casting of the girl who narrates this storySS3-bella.App.jpg
  5. Miss Spider Bedtime Stories - I love the beautiful artwork in this oneMiss Spider’s Bedtime Stories Joins The iPad Lineup
So, grab your kids, your iPad, some hot cocoa and a blanket and enjoy the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment